A beginning!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The boy on the roof

Waking up early morning has always been out of compulsion rather than choice. Thankfully, we had lectures in the noon and I could afford the luxury of getting up at 8.30 even in college days!

Post college (read after joining professional company), there isn’t much change on that front. Irregular timings and late night work culture are not alien in software industry. Try coming at 7 in the morning and security guards are staring at you in disbelief! But leave at 1.30 in night and nobody will think your behavior is aberrant!


It has always been ...as if the whole world has modeled itself to allow me to get up as late as I want to! However, I don’t always think of world that fondly. And when I don't, I wonder if the world has in fact conspired to keep me asleep till late. When such whim takes me over, which I must confess, is not too frequent, I get up early.

Although feeling giddy and drowsy, I engage myself in the ordeal of brushing my teeth. A glance out from window and I can see huge cement mass till the vision permits. I see a boy, a 10-12 year old kid. He is there, always there, studying on the slanting roof top of a small tin shade. He inspires.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home