A beginning!

Friday, October 15, 2004

Beginning of 'A beginning!'

Few months back, I shifted to new cubicle and found people around me to be frequent blog posters. I was so ignorant till late that when I first heard the term ‘blog’, I actually googled to check out its meaning! Soon, I had my account created on blogspot.com. However, some 2 months have passed before I am actually posting something. I have had a go at it - I have posted few ‘comments’ before ; but this is my first shot at actually writing something.

The ability to think is undoubtedly one of the most distinguishing assets that human race has. Along with this ability, there comes a need – a need for expression of thoughts. Thoughts need some outing or else it can erupt just like a volcano – in some undesired form.

Each individual ‘chooses’ his/her own way. Some might discuss with friends, some might discuss with relatives, some might write a diary, or combination of one or more of these. And of course, not to forget, some people write blogs!!!

How do blogs differ from other ‘expression media' ?

Talking out thoughts (with friends, relatives etc.) and writing them on a piece of paper (diary) are two extremes.
While the former makes it public, later by its very intention, wants to keep it secret. If secrecy is the intent in writing on a piece of paper, then why to write it in first place? The reason is simple – putting them in words and that too on paper, makes thoughts more concise and clear to the writer himself. Blogs, while public, retain this advantage. In fact by allowing people, to read and comment they further stimulate the process of thinking.

Well, Enough for start! Hope I can do some serious posting on the blog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you learn to do, you learn by doing!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2 Comments:

  • As they say well begun is half done. I only hope you will be able to finish the remaining half, and not leave off at the half way mark. Certainly if you don't venture to do something , and may be encounter obstacles in the process, you will never realize there may be a critical flow in your-(By your I mean any genaral person, no personal comment intended) thought process. Anyway it was a good stylised piece of writing. Keep up the good work,
    Nandini

    By Blogger Nandini Bhattacharya, at Fri Oct 15, 04:11:00 PM 2004  

  • I heard people say that you should never read someone's diary.
    My view is different. "You should never write something in diary that you don't want others to read".

    In that sense blog is a good choice where you can express anything freely.
    But it will remain godd till you write without bothering whether some one is reading or not. Otherwise you will end up writting things those you want others to read, and not those you want to write.

    By Blogger ओंकार (Onkar), at Mon Oct 18, 11:48:00 AM 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home